Vocabulary development is an important step toward reading comprehension. A healthy body and a mind that engages in problem solving are key elements as well. Here are easy ways to stimulate reading skills development in a young child.
- Locate and name parts of the body on magazine pictures.
- Tie a red ribbon on the right wrist.
- Learn body part names in a language new to you.
- Play Simon Says.
- Sing and dance The Hokey Pokey.
- Talk about how to stay healthy through exercise, etc. Exercise together. Exercise the brain by assembling puzzles to stimulate spatial recognition.